Holy Trinity includes two buildings: our Parish House and historic church.
The church can seat approximately 140. It is available for the celebration of marriages, baptisms and for funerals in accordance with the customaries of Holy Trinity Church, Churchville.
The Parish House includes the office of the church and rector, Parish Hall, Harlan Meeting Room, basement classrooms and a fully operational kitchen. The Parish Hall has a maximum capacity of 97 for a banquet or 207 for a meeting. The Parish Hall is available for rent or use gratis by groups at the discretion of the Rector and Vestry.
A large variety of groups might petition for use of the parish house. Each petition will be considered by the Vestry on a case-by-case basis. In general, it is expected that those groups using the parish house to make a profit, or for a private party, will pay for its use. Use of the parish house should be scheduled as far in advance as possible as th Vestry meets only once a month. The decision process can be expedited, if necessary.
Any group requesting to use the parish house will provide the following information to the Parish Administrator: Email Church Office
- Purpose of use
- Date(s) and time(s) of use (e.g, Tuesdays from 10 am to 11:30 am)
- Approximate number of people
- Contact information (name, telephone number, email)
There are several rules that must be adhered to by all groups:
- There shall be no open flames in the building including candles.
- Use of the kitchen is prohibited unless specifically authorized.
- Room set up is the responsibility of the using group; the room must be returned to its original condition after the meeting (this includes any necessary cleanup); trash must be taken away by the user(s).
- Parking is restricted to paved surfaces only. No parking on the grass.
- Groups in good standing that already use the parish house shall not be displaced by new groups wishing to use the facilities.
- Arrangements for opening and locking the building should be made at the time of reservation.
- In general, it is advisable for the using group to have a member of the parish sponsor them. However, this is not mandatory.
Permission for use of the parish house will be given in writing by either the Rector or Senior Warden. This can be done by email or the US mail. The Vestry reserves the right to cancel or modify any usage agreement by giving ten (10) days’ notice.