Seeking an Organist and Choir Director
Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Churchville, MD (Harford Co.) is seeking a quarter-time organist and choir director to lead our adult choir at the 10 am Sunday worship service. Ideally, the candidate will have experience, or a willingness, to engage youth in developing a youth choir, in the future. Interested persons should send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
• In consultation with the Rector, plans worship music for the entire year.
• Provides organ music and leads the adult choir at the 10 am Sunday worship service. The choir participates in worship each Sunday beginning the Sunday after Labor Day and concluding on Trinity Sunday.
• Leads and plans weekly rehearsals – currently occurring Wednesday evenings at 7 pm.
• Provides organ and choral music for the following additional services during the year: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday.
• Assists in the hiring of substitute organist/musicians.
• Plans and plays music for weddings and funerals (additional stipend provided).
• Recruits and encourages parish volunteers to become choir members.
• Responsible for the purchase of all music and music supplies, and the hiring of instrumental and vocal soloists – as needed and approved.
• Maintains the music library.
• Attends regularly scheduled meetings of staff and other appropriate committees (such as the Worship Committee) and, upon reasonable notice, attends such other committee meetings as may be necessary.
• Salary of $10,000-$12,000 annual, commensurate with experience and education.
• Four weeks per year of paid vacation.
• Additional stipend provided for weddings and funerals.
• Organist may use church facilities for teaching private students.
• Proficiency in playing the organ and piano.
• Experience in choir management and leadership.
• Familiarity with the worship of the Episcopal Church.
• Flexibility and ability to work as part of a team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent (preferred).
• Compliance with Diocesan safe church requirements