Customary for Use of the Parish House
The parish house of Holy Trinity Church provides meeting space for a variety of groups. Some of these groups, like the Korean Presbyterian Church, Do-Re-Wee, Scrapbookers, and the bridge group, offer a donation for use of the building. Other groups, like 4-H, girl scouts, and AA, use the building for free. In addition, groups or individuals rent the hall for one-time events such as showers and birthday parties. It is the purpose of this customary to outline the rules and policies that govern the use of the parish house for all outside groups.
A large variety of groups might petition for use of the parish house. Each petition will be considered by the Vestry on a case-by-case basis. In general, it is expected that those groups using the parish house to make a profit, or for a private party, will pay for its use.
Use of the parish house should be scheduled as far in advance as possible. The Vestry meets once a month, so it could be up to a month before a decision is made. The decision process can be expedited, if necessary.
Any group requesting to use the parish house will provide the following information in a letter or email:
- Purpose of use
- Date(s) and time(s) of use (e.g, Tuesdays from 10 am to 11:30 am)
- Approximate number of people (note: fire marshal rules allow maximum of 97 in banquet setup, 207 in meeting setup)
- Contact information (name, telephone number, email)
This information should be sent to the church secretary for dissemination to the Vestry and Rector.
There are several rules that must be adhered to by all groups:
- There shall be no open flames in the building
- Use of the kitchen is prohibited unless specifically authorized
- Room set up is the responsibility of the using group; the room must be returned to its original condition after the meeting (this includes any necessary cleanup); trash must be taken away by the user(s)
- Parking is restricted to paved surfaces only. No parking on the grass
- Groups in good standing that already use the parish house shall not be displaced by new groups wishing to use the facilities
- Arrangements for opening and locking the building should be made at the time of reservation
In general, it is advisable for the using group to have a member of the parish sponsor them. However, this is not mandatory.
Permission for use of the parish house will be given in writing by either the Rector or Senior Warden. This can be done by email or the US mail.
The Vestry reserves the right to cancel or modify any usage agreement by giving ten (10) days’ notice.